Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Facebook Friends

This facebook phase that everyone is going

through is driving me bonkers. I have really

tried to understand the principle of facebook.

Is is a snob thing? You can be my friend , no

you cannot be my friend. They even have a way

of hiding their facebook page so only their

real friends? can be their friends. I have ask

everyone I know , what is the purpose of facebook

and no one really knows. It is a place to network

and make friends. But wait, if I don't want you

as my friend and I close my facebook to you to keep

you away as my friend, how can this ever work? Well,

some of my friends can be friends with everyone, even

people who are strangers that just want to be my

facebook friend. They would never let me in as a

friend in real life, but in virtual space it is all right

to be friends because they never have to see me, hear me

or touch me. They get to choose when and what time to be

friends. Yes , I think this facebook thing is only for

snobs. Or at least pretentious people who pretend to be

your friend, but really just want to be your friend in

outer space. God forbid we would have to meet face to face

and talk in real voices. I guess we could look at it as

getting back to writing each other, since with the invent

of the Internet, we have quit handwriting letters to each

other. Of course the other problem with that is that the

U.S. Post Office is about to go bankrupt. I blame all of

this on the invention of Facebook.

Enough ranting, I need to get back to my facebook page.

I am trying to get at least 200 friends on my facebook page.

Will you be my Facebook friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment