Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ex-Wives- I loved them everyone

Ex-Wives


Let me tell you what I know about Ex-Wives. I've got too many.


Don't get me wrong, I liked all of them. I liked them when I married


them and I liked them when they were gone. All of the ex-wives get


along with me just fine. I even have a picture of the three of them


together. I call it the First wives club photo meeting without the


chairman of the board, if you know what I mean. All of the ex-wives


talk to me and I even have dinner with them on occasion, although


not all together. We also share info about our families when news


changes. It's just as easy to have a friendship after the marriage, as


it is to have a hateful relationship and be at each other's throat.


Don't get me wrong. I don't want to re-marry any of them, but I


did like them before I married them, and why not treat them the


same way today. Many people don't understand my relationship


with the ex's, especially the mother-in-laws of their present marriages.



That really doesn't bother me because I know where my heart lies,



and maintaining stability with the ex's makes more sense than not.


The children enjoy a respectable relationship without fussing and


fighting or name calling. The wives that I didn't have children with,


I don't see or speak to them often. When I do see them, they


are very cordial and more than likely glad that they are not still with


me. Did I mention that I have put on a few pounds over the years?


The mother of my children is very pleasant, intelligent, and willing


to talk about the children. We are not as close in our private lives,


but when it comes to the children, we are on the same track most


of the time. I think I am better friends with the ex's now than when


I was married to them. Maybe it shouldn't be called marriage. Maybe


it should be called friendship time for life. I guess the day will come


when marriage will not be called for, but personally I enjoyed marriage.


I could always get a woman, just couldn't always keep them. I did


develop some solid friendships along the way and trust me, true


friendship is hard to find, especially a friendship that lasts a lifetime.


It just seems a shame that you have to marry and divorce them to


discover that they would make great life time friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment